Who we are
At FRIEND our goal is simple – we want to see poor people, especially the poorest and those living in harder to reach areas, have access to information, opportunities and resources to move themselves out of poverty. We envision a country where the poor have broken the generational chain of poverty and lead lives of respect and dignity. FRIEND is a non government organization headquartered in Lautoka, Fiji, in the Western part of the country, and an office in Labasa, in the Northern part of Fiji. We are a leader in the fight against poverty in Fiji. Our innovative programs and resources have helped more than 10,000 poor people, mostly women and children, to improve their lives. FRIEND collaborates with local organizations and stakeholders to provide services that allow them to:
1) Reach deeper into marginalized and undeserved communities
2) Provide access to information, opportunities and resources among the poor and poorest in harder to reach areas and currently unserved/underserved areas
3) Measure who is being reached to ensure they are moving out of poverty over time
FRIEND’s mission is to link opportunities to resources to enable the poor, marginalized and underserved communities in Fiji to take ownership of their own social and economic development.
In all our work, we embrace and draw inspiration from our rich FRIEND values. Our core values are:
• We seek to empower Fiji’s poor, marginalized and underserved.
• We champion innovation that makes a difference to the lives of the poor.
• We seek to form partnerships with those who can advance our mission before acting alone.